StewartBrown is a well-established, successful and progressive Chartered Accountancy practice and is listed at 47 in the AFR Top 100 Accounting Firms in Australia for 2019. Our team currently comprises of 7 partners and over 65 staff providing professional services including Audit, Consulting, Business Services, Taxation and Financial Planning. StewartBrown promotes a work environment that is family friendly, flexible, professional, challenging and rewarding.
Our Audit and Consulting teams specialise in providing a range of client-based services and has one of the largest dedicated Aged Care and Not-For-Profit Audit and Consulting divisions in the professional services environment in Australia. With continual growth, we are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of Audit Intermediate.
- Auditing financial records
- Assisting Managers and Directors/Partners
- Applying professional judgement
- Building relationships with clients
- Exposure to a wide variety of businesses
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in a local Chartered Firm
- Degree Qualified (Bachelor of Commence or Business Accounting)
- Commenced or working towards the CA Program
Day to Day Running of Assignments:
Upon commencement of the assignment the Audit Intermediate will have the following duties:-
- Preparation of assigned work in line with the StewartBrown Audit Approach ie. always using our workpaper templates and ensuring work is prepared in the correct format
- Ensure that they fully understand the task prior to commencement
- Monitor progress and give early warning of possible time overruns
- Carry out tasks within the scheduled time; keep time spent on tasks to a minimum without compromising the quality
- Work as a team ie. if your team is working late/early to meet client deadlines then it is the company culture to always offer assistance
- Be conscious of all assigned audit assignments and commitments
- Ensure clear and effective communication with your team ie. if required to work on a different assignment to what was initially assigned to you that day immediately informing the auditor-in-charge along with details of how long the task will likely take
- Confirm with auditor-in-charge prior to making any suggestions to the client regarding any audit adjustments or conclusion on audit issues
- Competitive remuneration package
- Ongoing one-on-one mentoring with a dedicated staff member
- Social team environment
- Opportunities for career development
Applications close: 20/02/2020
Click here to apply online today to join our great team.
We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to apply but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.