We recognise the importance of privacy protection. Our policy for dealing with any personal information that you might disclose to us while visiting this website is explained below:
- The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use our website. You can be certain that the information we receive about you will be treated as strictly confidential.
- We do not collect or use any personal information on visitors to our website, through the use of "cookies" or other software or hardware techniques.
- We look at the number of unique site visitors, hits the website receives and keep track of the domains from which our website is accessed.
- To determine what our users are interested in, we may also look at the frequency of search words used in connecting you to this website.
- The names of persons who request information from or about us by emailing us are added to our database as members. Each member is given a user name and password. Members who do not wish to receive emails from our website, can unsubscribe via our website or unsubscribe via received profiled emails, or notify us by email, and we will stop emailing you.
The personal information we collect when you log onto this website, how we do it and what we do with it is explained below:
- If you log onto the website and read or download information our Internet Service Provider/Hosting Provider will record your server address, domain name, the date and time of your visit to our website, the pages viewed and the information downloaded. This information is used for statistical and website development purposes only.
- We can determine the number of times that you have visited our website, the date of last visit, if you have updated your details/interests, and if you have clicked on the hyperlink contained on emails that have been sent to you. The information collected will be used to send you emails when content relevant to your areas of interest are added to the website.
- We can determine if you emailed any articles of interest to a friend using our 'email a friend' functionality, and if your friend has clicked on the hyperlink contained on the email that was sent by you. We record the email addresses of these recipients which may be used for our own marketing purposes.
The circumstances under which we disclose information about you is as follows:
- It is our policy not to sell or pass on any personal information that you may have provided to us unless we have your express consent to do so. An exception to this is where we may be required by law to disclose certain information.
How we handle emails is as follows:
- We will preserve the contents of any email message that you send us if we believe that we have a legal requirement to do so. Emails sent to or from us are routinely monitored for quality control, systems administration and legal compliance purposes.
What to do if you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate is as follows:
- If you believe that any information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will review the relevant information.
How to contact us if you wish to discuss this policy is as follows:
- If you wish to discuss any aspect of this policy please contact us by email or telephone.