Our clients are sufficiently diversified to provide interesting work opportunities and for you to make a positive contribution to the service we provide them. Unlike many firms who limit contact with clients, we encourage this and delegation in general. This exposure to new people and tasks is rewarding and challenging, and will help you develop both personally and professionally.
The heart of any professional services firm is the calibre and integrity of the team. When we recruit we are looking for candidates that are not only confident and motivated, but who are also methodical, logical and reliable.
If you are up to the challenge, then apply to join us.
At StewartBrown we encourage our staff to get involved in worthy charity and community projects and to participate in our firm’s social activities including:
• Various sporting activities and challenges
• Last Friday of each month is “Casual Day” with donation to World Vision followed by drinks
• Regular office or team lunches, bonding days, drinks and morning teas
• Charity events such as Jeans for Genes day
• End of financial year event
• End of audit season activity and lunch
• Melbourne Cup lunch
• Christmas party
Payment of Membership Fees
We reimburse the cost of one annual professional membership fee for each employee.
Group Income Protection Insurance
As an added benefit we invite eligible employees to join our Group Salary Continuance Insurance Policy, at no cost to them. This provides our employees protection in the event of serious illness or accident.
Study Leave Support
The professional development of our staff is important to us. We provide appropriate study leave support for staff members who wish to further their studies. If you undertake the CA program with The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, we will reimburse the CA module fees upon successful completion of each module.
We encourage our staff to continually increase their knowledge and experience. In addition to on-the-job training, we provide regular formal training in-house on tax and audit topics, which are conducted by outside presenters who are expert in their field. Our training budget also allows for each employee to attend an external training course each year.
What Our People Say
These are some of the comments from our staff on working at StewartBrown:
• “It is a great firm for gaining a variety of experience.”
• “Supportive and friendly staff and partners who are willing to help in work and personal matters.”
• “Challenging, rewarding and fun.”
• “Leader not a follower.”
• “It is like a living sit-com, you need a sense of humour.”
• “Encourages staff to undertake further studies such as the CA program, and offers good study leave support if they do.”