StewartBrown is a well-established, successful and progressive Chartered Accountancy practice and is listed at 47 in the AFR Top 100 Accounting Firms 2019 in Australia. Our team consists of 7 partners and over 65 staff providing professional services including Audit, Consulting, Business Services, Taxation and Financial Planning. We provide a work environment that is family friendly, flexible, professional, challenging and rewarding.
Our Audit and Consulting teams specialise in providing a range of client-based services and has one of the largest dedicated Aged Care and Not-For-Profit Audit and Consulting divisions in the professional services environment in Australia. With continual growth, we are now seeking suitable candidates for the position of Audit Manager.
- Auditing financial records
- Assisting Directors and Partners
- Applying professional judgement
- Building relationships with clients
- Exposure to a wide variety of businesses
Day to Day Running of Assignments:
Upon commencement of the assignment the Audit Intermediate will have the following duties:-
- Liaising between client and audit team; and between client and Director/Partner
- Ensuring that audit staff carry out their assigned duties
- In consultation with Director/Partner, make any necessary changes to audit programs
- Ensuring that audit is running in line with budget; recording reasons why additional audit work was necessary
- Maintaining regular communication with Director/Partner to keep them thoroughly informed of audit progress; notify them of any issues that may have arisen
- Reviewing all files prior to Director/Partner reviews to ensure audit work is complete and conclusions on work performed have been recorded
- Ensuring that work-papers have been properly referenced and cross-referenced by relevant staff
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in Australian Audit
- Degree Qualified (Bachelor of Commence or Business Accounting)
- Completed the CA/CPA Program
- At StewartBrown, our aim is to give our clients the highest quality service - Integrity+Quality+Clarity. We pride ourselves in understanding and listening to our clients and our unique culture and work approach. Our commitment to continuous Improvement and respect mean our team support each other’s development and success to deliver.
- Competitive remuneration package
- Ongoing professional training
- Travel opportunities
- Opportunities for career development
Applications close: 20/02/2020
Click here to apply online today to join our great team.
We appreciate everyone who has taken the time to apply but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.