On 10 May 2018 the Australian Senate referred an Inquiry titled “the financial and tax practices of for‐profit aged care providers” to the Economics References Committee, with a report due by 14 August 2018. In particular, the Inquiry is to cover:
- the use of any tax avoidance or aggressive tax minimisation strategies;
- the associated impacts on the quality of service delivery, the sustainability of the sector, or value for money for government;
- the adequacy of accountability and probity mechanisms for the expenditure of taxpayer money;
- whether current practices meet public expectations; and
- any other related matters.
Click here to read StewartBrown's Submission to the Senate Inquiry into Financial and Tax Practices of For-Profit aged care Providers.